Kansas City Divorce Attorney
Family Law, Divorce, and Mediation Services in Kansas
The decisions you reach in a divorce or child custody case and the way in which you reach those decisions can have long-term effects on your life and the lives of your family members. Well-meaning friends may have a lot of advice but your situation is unique. Before you take any action, get the facts.
I am Valerie L. Moore, a Lenexa, Kansas family law attorney dedicated to protecting the rights of adults and children in Kansas family and juvenile courts. I can help you understand how the law applies to your situation so you can make the best decision for you.
Contact my office to schedule a consultation regarding:
- Divorce — Representing divorcing spouses in Kansas in all divorce-related legal matters
- Property division at the time of divorce, and consideration of property and inheritance issues before and after marriage with prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Child custody and child support matters arising during divorce and paternity proceedings, guardianships, and adoptions
- Domestic violence, spousal abuse, and child in need of care cases (CINC)
- Guardianships and conservatorships of elder and disabled adults
- Juvenile law — Juvenile delinquency and juvenile crime defense
- Non-traditional families — Legal support for gay and lesbian families and unmarried couples
Mediation Services in Kansas
Family law matters can be stressful and emotionally draining. I work hard to ensure they are not financially draining as well by providing my clients with efficient and cost-effective conflict resolution strategies.
I am a trained family law mediator and one of the few family lawyers in Kansas using the collaborative divorce method. Learn more about mediation and collaborative law and how they can be used to help you and your former partner think creatively about your goals and reach mutually agreeable solutions.
I invite you to visit my office to talk about your family law matter. Contact me today to schedule a consultation.